Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Firsty

NOTE: An updated version of this post can be found at: www.johnmizell.com

I recently spent some time looking online for some places to explore here in Tucson - abandoned buildings, tunnels, stadiums, farm houses, etc. etc. [This will be referred to 'urban spelunking' for those of you not familiar with the term] To my dismay the only report I found online (this could be attributed to my lack of search skills) was that of a fellow who had posted to a forum asking if anyone had any tips or ideas for urban spelunking in Tucson because he was new and wanted to give it a shot.
Now I know, for a fact, that I'm not the only guy in Tucson who digs the Urban Spelunking. I know this because I learned to enjoy it from some other folks who taught me and I have my suspicions that there are more like us, simply, not organized.

For those of you not familiar with urban spelunking - check out this reference site - it is amazing. Be extra sure to read the Theory and Ethics portion of the page.

http://www.infiltration.org/

SO - with that said, this will be my attempt at providing fellow Tucsonans with a urban spelunking resources - as meager as it may be.

-Cochise Alpha-Bravo




*These details are fictitious. This post in no way condones the violation of federal or state laws, vandalism, trespassing, or misuse of property. Copyright 2009 John Patrick Mizell

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sahuaro High School has tunnles under neat it. Idk if there are other entries beside the door next to the stair cases, I heard Palo Verde High School, Sabino High school, or Sanrita High School has tunnles too. kids at Sahauro always said three off the schools tunnles connected and that they were built when we thought Russia was going to bomb us. Im sure thats a mith though.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sahuaro High School has tunnels under neat it. Idk if there are other entries beside the door next to the stair cases. I heard Paleverde High School, Sabino High school, or Sanrita High School has tunnels too. kids at Sahauro always said three off the schools tunnels connected and that they were built when we thought Russia was going to bomb us. Im sure thats a myth though.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foothills has a crazy set of tunnels as well. I have been in them. The entire power grid runs down there. Good stuff. Sadly, all entry is from the interior and requires some serious tools for entry.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home